16 August 2015 – evolution of US farmers’ marketsPosted: August 16, 2015
Civil Eats has an article, written by Steve Holt, on the evolution of farmers’ markets in the US. He considers five ways they are changing.
- Most markets are thriving, but they are no longer the primary way to sell local food
- More markets are using technology
- Farmers’ markets are becoming more accessible
- More farmers’ markets are offering education to go with their produce
- Now, more than ever, farmers’ markets help build community
How does this reflect what is happening in other countries?
You can read the full article here